How to Choose Bakery Equipment
How to Choose Bakery Equipment
ColdTech Commercial sells bakery equipment in the US and Canada directly. How do you know what commercial refrigerator you need for your baker's kitchen? What features do you require for your baking equipment that meets food safety requirements and at the same time doesn't cost you lots of dough. How do you know what you "knead" to create your masterful cakes, breads, pies, cupcakes and pastries for your boulangerie?
- Space. How much space do you have for your bakery equipment? Do you have to move the refrigerator around? Are you limited in space? Ideally, a two door commercial refrigerator is the best option to hold your baking ingredients - it's on casters too, so you can move it where you need it. If you are limited on space there are undercounter refrigerators that allow you to use your counter space while still having refrigeration and having the fridge directly under the counter means you save time from trips around your kitchen, or lets you store your dough mixers and rollers, your fondant, or rolling pins on top of it utilizing the small space you have. It's also on casters. (Don't forget most refrigeration units have a few inch clearance when you measure. See coldtech's user guide for more info.)
- Features. Choosing the right features for your bakery equipment is important.
- Shelves. How are the shelves affixed in your refrigerator? Pegs or sliders? Sliders are more durable and easier to use. How much weight can the shelves hold? Shelves should be able to hold up to 60kg/ 132.3lbs. Do they hold your baking trays, muffin tins, and patisserie pans? Also check to see how many shelves you get.
- Casters. Is the commercial refrigerator on casters? Can you move it, if you need to?
- Digital programmable displays - on the outside of the unit. Great for rush (or for that illustrious wedding cake you spent 5 hours baking and decorating) when you don't have to open the door to see the temperature. See if it also has an off switch. Sometimes, you just don't need to it and why waste energy or strength unplugging it.
- Capacity. Check to make sure you're getting the largest gross capacity possible. The bigger the capacity the more you can store in your fridge.
- Stainless steel. Durability over the long haul is very important, plus stainless steel fridge components are one of the items that are highly recyclable. Make sure it's the high grade kind, such as 300 series.
These are the basic fundamentals when choosing the right bakery equipment for your patisserie. If you need to know more about ColdTech Commercial refrigeration please read our Spec Sheets or User Guides or simply email us email@example.com or call us toll free 1-855-241-3251. We're here 24/7/365 to answer any question. Happy Baking!
P.S. Send our editor pictures of your latest creations and we'll post on our website or in our newsletter with full credit to you and your bakery. We're always looking for talent to showcase. Email firstname.lastname@example.org now.
P.P.S.  Why is commercial refrigeration not spelled commercial refridgeration?