How to Choose a Pizza Table
How to Choose a Pizza Table
Function and user friendly design is the number one thing to think about when you're choosing a pizza table. Like mostly everything in restaurants, the quicker you can produce quality, the happier the customer is - so the layout of the pans, the depth of the cutting board and the refrigeration for back-up is important. Here are some things you should know before deciding on a pizza table for your restaurant or food service establishment.
- Warranty. ColdTech Commercial pizza tables come with a 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year compressor warranty - it's one of the best warranties in commercial refrigeration. The warranty is written plain English and we have great customer service. We've got you covered.
- User - friendliness. Ensuring that the work space flows properly allowing the quickest and best quality pizzas. Refrigeration underneath for back-up prep of the most popular pizza items like pepperoni, bacon, pizza sauce, green olives, cheese and hot peppers is ideal.
- Cutting board depth. Making sure the cutting board can hold large pizzas - so the pizza table's workable area is good.
- Size. Will the pizza table fit in your kitchen? Will it fit through the doors?
- Shelves. Does the pizza table come with strong shelves? You need this for food safety and not to squash the ingredients.
- Stainless steel. High grade stainless steel has sanitary properties and is robust. Health inspectors love to see it gleam when they enter a kitchen. It's very easy to clean.
- Pans. Are the pizza table's pans plastic or stainless steel? Can you change up the sizes and depth easily to fit your needs? For example anchovies only need a small prep table pan, but pepperoni needs a deep one. ColdTech Commercial has stainless steel pans, which come standard.
- Delivery charges. Delivery charges for pizza tables can run in the hundreds of dollars. Is there free shipping? ColdTech Commercial's delivery includes lift gate and is free for a limited time. There is a nominal added cost for white glove delivery/Diamond delivery - which means we'll deliver it inside your kitchen and take away all of the packaging.
- Digital temperature displays and on and off buttons. Make sure the temperature display is outside of the unit. That way, you don't have to open the door to make the compressor work harder and cost you more in electricity. Also, having a handy on and off button on the front is beneficial, if you don't plan on storing stuff overnight - with some pizza table brands you have to unplug the unit. This feature also helps with health and safety.
- Casters. Pizza tables with casters are great for catering events or moving the unit to different places. Plus, with ColdTech Commercial all of our casters are robust and lock to keep the pizza table in place.